What Were You Born To BE?
I started working on this 10 years ago, but really got clear in the last 5 years. Finding my purpose. Yes, I still get stuck in the cattails and murky water. I have to find my way back to my true self. When that happens, I ask myself these questions:
- What is my purpose in life?
- WHY do I do what I do every day?
- Why do I wake up every morning?
- What legacy do I want to leave?
As Marie Forleo says, “The world needs that special gift that only YOU have.”
It’s your job to find your purpose and work toward it.
You’re thinking, “How do I do this?” To get you started, I’m going to share a few things that have helped me. Jack Canfield in The Success Principles recommends starting here:
- List two of your unique personal qualities, such as enthusiasm and creativity.________________________ ________________________
- List one or two ways you enjoy expressing those qualities when interacting with others, such as to support and to inspire.________________________ ________________________
- Assume the world is perfect right now. What does this world look like? How is everyone interacting with everyone else? What does it feel like? Write your answer as a statement, in the present tense, describing the ultimate situation, the perfect world as you see it and feel it. Remember, a perfect world is a fun place to be.______________________________________________________
Danielle LaPorte is a favorite of mine as her focus is LOVE. Reconnecting to these questions will help:
- What do I LOVE to do?______________________________________________________
- What makes me happy, makes me laugh, and allows me to be fully present in the moment?______________________________________________________
- What do others say I do well? What traits are natural to me?______________________________________________________
Your purpose statement is one that inspires you so that you can affect countless others.
It will open a path to love and happiness. It will bring joy into your days, weeks, months and years. It is a necessary component to creating your best life.
Tip: This may not be able to be done in one sitting, or two or ten. Continue to work on yourself to show up and share your gift. Be kind to yourself. Know you’re in the right place at the right time. There is no right or wrong. Just feel it and speak from the heart.
Review what you’ve written. If what you’ve written makes you cry, you are on the right track. If not, KEEP GOING!!!!!!
“You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.” ~David Viscott
I would love to hear from you on this one. This will change your life.