Are You In The Top 4%?
Tony Robbins states: 96% of businesses don’t survive the first 10 years.
That’s a HUGE number. That means that only 4% of businesses make it past 10 years. And by ‘make it’, I don’t mean that they’ve succeeded, but at least survived.
Hmm, where in your life have you not been succeeding, but surviving? In a previous post, You Were Designed To Be Massively Successful, I quoted Grant Cardone in his 10x book that it takes as much energy to do nothing as it does to be massively successful.
Here’s my theory on what will make you successful in all areas of your life, including business:
Relationship with YOU.
- Know WHY you are in business. What is your purpose, mission, dream? What do you want to bring to the world?
- Know WHO you are. What do you love to do? How do you want to feel? What are you great at? Who do you want to work with?
- Know WHAT you stand for and what you won’t stand behind. What are your values? What makes you come alive?
- Do you have a ‘Whatever It Takes’ Attitude?
Relationship with YOUR TEAM.
- Lead the pack. A leader spends 5% of their time on problems and 95% of their time on solutions. Oh, and sometimes you need to be led. This may be difficult for us control freaks J
- Take care of them. They are bringing your dream to the world. Aim high, reward high. No excuses, only results.
- Be the first one to look in the mirror and modify how you are showing up as an entrepreneur.
Relationship with YOUR TRIBE.
- This group I call ‘My Tribe’ is my second family. Even before opening my practice, I knew how I wanted to treat others and how I wanted them to feel when they walk in the front door. I felt it in my bones and longed for what I hear every day. But don’t ever stop giving that experience to people. And don’t forget how it makes them feel.
- Be transparent. Share your story with them so you become ‘real’ in their eyes.
- Many have suggested that I turn my brain off more often (yeah, right!). I think of every person in my practice more than anyone will ever know. Sometimes it can be a lot of weight to carry until I connect back to my WHY: To Transform Lives of MILLIONS.
- You need to start with 1. Then 100. Then 1000. Watch your tribe multiply right before your eyes when you treat them like your second family. Because they are.
I’m just guessing, but I would bet the 96% stat rings true in all areas of our lives. If we don’t focus on the RELATIONSHIP with ourself, our team/family and everyone else around us, we will likely struggle. In our marriage, friendships, careers, contribution, influence…everything.
Be the 4% who make it…who bring their dream to the world and impact millions.
Love you all,