This blog is inspired by a friend who asked me this question today: “Tiff, how did you get through the difficult moments when life wasn’t always going smoothly?”
That spurred so many things. It was a moment that I realized how far I’ve come and more importantly, I have taken some time to reflect on the people and resources who have helped me along the way. I hope this spurs something in you and can help you get through the difficult moments of your life, too.
Thoughts and resources I used to transform my life
Besides the never ending support from my husband, kids, parents, family and friends, this is what helped me discover me.
- Know your WHY. What is your purpose? What are you put on this Earth to Be, Do, and Have?
- Always have mentors and people around you who are doing bigger things than you are and who are focused on growth and development in every way.
- Study the most successful entrepreneurs, the top 1%. Study their mindset and behavior around life and business.
- Focus on making someone’s day. When you feel empty, fill up someone else’s bucket.
- I love business, so I read business books. I read about money, the energy behind it. I learned everything about my financials – every expense, every piece of income. The profit and loss statement, comparisons, balance sheets.
- I read about love, leading my business and patients with love. I read about personalities.
- I read about marriage and men because without Craig I would be nowhere.
- I read about management and what really needs to be done in a business (and I learned I don’t want to ‘manage’ because it takes me away from my purpose).
- I read about goals. I read about setting them, reaching them and surpassing them. I read about objectives, compensation strategies and bonuses. I realized that I needed a vision, but have a tendency to be a ‘one-tracked mind’ when I set 3, 5, and 10 year goals. Now, I have a vision on where I want to go, have 3, 6, and 12 month goals. Most importantly, I can feel where I want to be and know if we are on or off track.
- I read about positive thinking/affirmations. I learned how to journal, meditate, pray, visualize and communicate to those who were trying to help me.
- I read about leadership. My team needs a leader. Our community needs a leader. Our world needs a leader.
- I read about chiropractic and the health of our kids.
- I constantly worked on me – my barriers, what was holding me back, yet always remembering how far I had come.
There are many sites, people, workbooks, articles that have helped me but too many to note. I want to share a few books that may also help you transform your life:
- 4 Agreements
- Keys to the Kingdom
- Heal Your Body
- The Iceberg is Melting. I read many business books, but I like the short fables for a quick, impactful read.
I have followed many online teachers and also included what they taught me:
- Brendon Burchard – He initially inspired me to learn about myself in order to help more people. He taught me to know my story, tell it and own it. Your story will help you discover your purpose.
- Marie Forleo – Have fun and be YOU. It’s none of your business what other people think about you.
- Danielle LaPorte – Start living life by how it makes you feel.
- Jack Canfield – Be 100% responsible for EVERYthing that happens in your life.
- Richard Branson – To always pay attention to what other people are doing and how to ‘really’ think big!
Wrapping this all in a bow, I learned how I need to show up every minute to impact the world. I have started to live my life from a place of love, in my heart and in my gut. When we think nobody is watching our transformations, THEY ARE! Put your best foot forward every day, hang around people who love and support you, be inspired by those doing more and feel what your heart and gut are telling you.